Feb 14, 2017
Out in theaters right now is Fifty Shades Darker, the second film based on Fifty Shades series. These novels have spurred a lot of conversation and questions about erotica. And we’re going to address that topic head-on.
1. Why do you think so many wives have been drawn to erotic romance stories? What about this genre appeals to them?
2. I've had wives tell me that reading these novels awakened their sexual desire. What’s wrong with that? Isn't that ultimately good for the sexual intimacy in their marriage?
3. Some say that these erotic stories are no different from porn, and others say they’re no different from romance novels. What do you think about either or both of those charges? How are they the same or different?
4. Let’s get practical: What is okay and what’s not okay in the world of BDSM?
5. What are your own greatest concerns about the Fifty Shades phenomenon?
Galatians 5:22-23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Colossians 3:19: "Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."
1 Corinthians 10:23: "'Everything is permissible,' but not everything is helpful. 'Everything is permissible,' but not everything builds up." (HSCB)