Today we’re talking about women’s sexuality and sexual response.
Why do we have so many misconceptions about women's sexual response?
What do we know about women’s sexuality that might some women might not realize is normal?
How can we help ourselves (and our husbands) better understand our sexual response?
The busyness of life sometimes overtakes our schedules and sexual intimacy is pushed farther and farther down the list of priorities. In this episode, we consider whether or not to leave sexual intimacy as an afterthought.
We're talking about the ways that stress can affect women's interest in and enjoyment of sex. We focus on everyday sources of stress and the things that women can do to reduce the effects of stress in their lives. (And we acknowldge that some sources of stress require medical or other professional assistance, and that those are beyond the scope of this podcast.) The questions we discuss include:
Out in theaters right now is Fifty Shades Darker, the second film based on Fifty Shades series. These novels have spurred a lot of conversation and questions about erotica. And we’re going to address that topic head-on.
1. Why do you think so many wives have been drawn to erotic romance stories? What about this genre appeals to them?
2. I've had wives tell me that reading these novels awakened their sexual desire. What’s wrong with that? Isn't that ultimately good for the sexual intimacy in their marriage?
3. Some say that these erotic stories are no different from porn, and others say they’re no different from romance novels. What do you think about either or both of those charges? How are they the same or different?
4. Let’s get practical: What is okay and what’s not okay in the world of BDSM?
5. What are your own greatest concerns about the Fifty Shades phenomenon?
Practical tips on positioning to help you find gain greater pleasure and intimacy in your marriage bed.
1. Why should wives be interested in learning new positions?
2. What positions are some women afraid to try?
3. Does the Bible have anything to say on the subject of sexual positions?
4. How can wives overcome their reluctance to expand their repertoire of sexual positions?
5. What’s a sexual position couples might not have tried that you recommend?
Today we’ll be talking about Getting in the Mood, with practical ideas on how we can help ourselves be interested—and ready—for sex.